Monday, December 18, 2006

Something I've been thinking about recently. What are the odds of two people from different cultures getting together. Are the odds better or worse than if you marry within your own ethnic group? That is something that I have thought about. And continues to come up as I'm dating. Just recently a relationship with a Mexican girl was mutually agreed upon on that it wasn't going to work out. But if it had would it have been harder or easier. I pretty much think it's better to stick within your own ethnic group. But I have a good friend who's white who married a African American girl. And they have a beautiful baby and are very happy. So I know it's possible. Anyways, a mid month update. About something that I've been thinking about. Hoping for a good Holidays.

3 Comments:

At 12:19 PM, Blogger JD said...

I think that culture doesn't have to be the primary connection. We live in a multi-cultural country, so it is easy for people to get used to different kinds of foods, languages, etc. An enduring love trumps culture--it can make things difficult in some ways, butit adds a level to romance that might not be there otherwise.

I know plenty of same-cultural couples who have crashed and burned because they couldn't adapt to each other. Marryone within one's own race isn't always a guarantee of happiness or stability.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger April McNulty said...

I think that most of the time when people of the same culture marry it turns out for better sucess. I personally don't want to be involved in a relationship from a different culture because there can be clashing sometimes. Happy New Year!

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger ShubhRishtey said...

I know plenty of same-cultural couples who have crashed and burned because they couldn't adapt to each other. ShubhRishtey.com within one's own race isn't always a guarantee of happiness or stability.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home